Emmie of Indianapolis (Book review)

This is another very good book, one of the GOOD underdogs. It was written by Kay Castaneda and I think it's one of the greatest books I've ever read. It's a small book. Not too small, but I read it super fast and non-stop. It starts easy, builds the soul of the main character and carefully lets you in on the rest of the package. It inspires a lot of emotions and it has diversity and respect. It also has love and friendship, patriotism and camaraderie. One of the strongest points of this book is that it's written from the POV of a young girl. There's the handwriting of an adult all over it, but it speaks to you in the voice of a young teen. There's a lot to relate to. It reminds me of many other books, especially Little Women by Louisa May. It is surely an American book. It speaks that spark, that boldness and togetherness that you would find in good Americans. I'll easily give it a 4.9 out of 5. You can get Emmie of Indianapolis here

Comments